The Science of Heart Rate Variability Made Simple: What it is and Why it’s Important to You
Rollin McCraty, Ph.D.
Is the amount of heart rate variability we have important?
The simple answer is yes, but IHM Director of Research Dr. Rollin McCraty will explain why it’s such a valuable commodity and how the amount of our HRV is a key indicator of health and resiliency. He will discuss how it is measured and share some simple tests you can conduct on your own.
What You’ll Learn:
- What is HRV and how it is measured?
- New discoveries on the physiological sources of HRV.
- HRV frequency bands and what they mean.
- Common misunderstandings about HRV.
- How your HRV reflects aging, health and resilience.
- What “HRV coherence” is and why it’s important.