The Inside Story
Doc Childre and HeartMath Institute
The Inside Story: Understanding the Power of Feelings helps teens and young adults understand the connection between their emotions, health, performance and daily lives. This engaging and visually pleasing text is clearly written and full of vital information pertaining to the latest research in neuroscience, emotional physiology and performance.
The Inside Story guides them through key ideas, a series of reflective activities and a research-proven decision-making tool called Freeze-Frame®. This scientifically validated tool promotes healthy behavior and resilience. Numerous drawings, diagrams, and cartoons illustrate the text of this booklet.
Table of Contents:
- Lesson 1: Riding the Wave
- Lesson 2: The Three-Part Brain
- Lesson 3: Emotional Memories
- Lesson 4: Emotions and the Nervous System
- Lesson 5: The Heart-Brain Connection
- Lesson 6: Freeze-Frame A Positive Emotion-Refocusing Technique
- Lesson 7: The Inside Story