The Resilient Educator Certified Trainer Program is a four week tele-session and four day licensing program designed for professional trainers, educators, and consultants who are experienced in training groups of adults. This program is a cost-effective means of providing HeartMath skills to teachers, administrators, and other school staff. Completing this program enables you to provide Institute of HeartMath workshops to adult educators and subsequent classroom programs to students within educational settings, pre-K through University level, in North America.
The Resilient Educator – Skills for Personal and Classroom Effectiveness is an engaging, activity-based, stress-management / resilience workshop for in-service, professional staff development and college classroom courses. It can be presented in small modules of multiple, hour-long sessions for faculty or for college classrooms to insure optimal practice over time. The Resilient Educator is a highly relevant and effective training program that helps participants boost performance, improve classroom dynamics and strengthen resiliency.
Who Should Attend?
- Professional Trainers in Educational Settings
- Independent Educational Consultants
HeartMath Certified Training Dates:
- West Coast - Registration closes: Feb. 12 – Pre-tele-mentoring begins 1 month prior to training Mar. 20 - 24, 2014
- West Coast - Registration closes: Apr. 8 – Pre-tele-mentoring begins 1 month prior to training May 15 - 19, 2014
- West Coast - Registration closes: May 27 – Pre-tele-mentoring begins 1 month prior to training July 7 - 11, 2014
- West Coast - Registration closes: July 10 – Pre-tele-mentoring begins 1 month prior to training Aug. 21 - 25, 2014
- East Coast - Registration closes: Aug. 28 – Pre-tele-mentoring begins 1 month prior to training Oct. 9 - 13, 2014
- West Coast - Registration closes: Oct. 23 – Pre-tele-mentoring begins 1 month prior to training Dec. 4 - 8, 2014
Click here for information on how to apply for this program.
The Resilient Educator, newly revised to align with the Resilience Advantage™ for nonprofits, is an engaging, activity-based workshop in three flexible modules that can be delivered in one hour sessions over time, or can be delivered as a college classroom course.
The training includes:
- a beautifully-designed PowerPoint presentation to teach participants key HeartMath skills
- tele-mentoring sessions in advance of the training designed for personal development in HeartMath techniques
- the physiology of resilience and optimal performance
- how to use the emWave® and Inner Balance™ technologies
The Resilient Educator has received high marks from teachers and administrators across the country. Research has shown that educators attending the Resilient Educator training made significant improvements in motivation and positive outlook with major reductions in stress, fatigue, exhaustion, anger, and the intention to quit. Of a large group of elementary teachers in Arizona who participated in the training, 97% reported that the program was beneficial and relevant. The Resilient Educator is a key element of a model program funded by the U.S. Department of Education to improve teacher retention.
Once You Receive Your License
Those completing the Resilient Educator Certified Trainer Program are licensed to provide HeartMath workshops within their school system, or if they operate as independent trainers, they can deliver trainings to educational institutions for a fee. All that’s required is for the Certified Trainer to purchase a participant guidebook or provide a per person license fee for each attendee through the Institute of HeartMath’s Education Division.
This renewable license covers a one-year period and allows for the commercial use of The Institute of HeartMath’s intellectual property within the field of education. It does not allow for the delivery of the programs in any other field, such as companies, hospitals, or government agencies.
Certified Trainer Program Content
1. Certified Trainer Training and License
The four-day, four-night Certified Trainer Training for the Resilient Educator course includes:
- Instruction on how to deliver the Resilient Educator course to educators or college students.
- Instruction on how to teach program participants to use HeartMath’s innovative technologies.
- Five tele-mentoring sessions with a licensed HeartMath instructor.
- Ongoing support with a HeartMath facilitator.
- Regular program updates, new developments, and support materials.
- License Fee
The training includes meals:
3. Accommodation Package – extra
The accommodation package includes:
- Onsite – IHM campus: Lodging (double occupancy) for 4 nights
- Onsite – Washington DC venue: Lodging single occupancy for 4 nights
- Offsite: Recommended locations available upon request
4. Training Materials Package
- Resilient Educator trainer manual
- PowerPoint CD Rom including Atmosphere video and additional material to print
- CD/DVD training instruction disk
- Program participant guidebook and Personal Resilience Mentoring guide
- Supplemental classroom activities guide
- Articles including: Coherence: Bridging Personal, Social and Global Health
- emWave Desktop is included
6. Tele-mentoring Sessions
Accepted participants register for 5 tele-mentoring sessions with a licensed HeartMath Mentor and/or IHM faculty member.
- Includes license fee, materials (including emWave Desktop) and training manual, 5 tele-mentoring sessions and meals.
Become a CEU Provider
When you become a Resilient Educator Certified Trainer, you have the capacity to offer one unit of Continuing Education Units (CEU’s) to your training audiences. These units are available through Dominican University of California, an independent university located in San Rafael, California.
Dominican is accredited by the Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC). Further details will be provided at the program.
Most events will take place in beautiful Boulder Creek, California, a one-hour drive from San Jose International airport. The Washington DC event will take place at the 4-H Youth Conference Center, just 20 minutes from Washington DC in Chevy Chase, MD.
Boulder Creek, CA – The nearest airport to Boulder Creek, California is San Jose International Airport, approximately an hour travel time. Car rentals are readily available at the airport. For some international flights, the nearest airport will be San Francisco International Airport, approximately an hour and a quarter travel time. Upon registration, we will send you via mail a map with driving instructions.
Washington DC – The nearest airport to the 4-H Youth Conference Center is Ronald Regan Washington National Airport, 12 miles from campus. Taxis, Metrorail, or Airport bus can easily transport you to the site: www.4hcenter.org/contact-us/directions/.
How to Apply for this Program
- Complete the application form and click the "submit application" button.
- You will receive an immediate confirmation e-mail that you will be contacted within 2 weeks.
- Read the license agreement prior to your 30 minute phone appointment approval process.
- A 30 minute phone interview will conclude the approval process.
- A $500 deposit will reserve your place.
- Receive a confirmation package.
- Provide balance of fee 45 days prior to "live" training date.
- Receive pre-training materials 30-40 days prior to event.
- Complete a 30 minute phone appointment to discuss your pre-study assignments approximately 3 to 4 weeks prior to event.
- Register individually for tele-mentoring sessions 30 days before event and complete four sessions prior to the training event.
Upon approved registration, participants will be sent trainer materials. Participants are expected to thoroughly familiarize themselves with this material and complete four tele-mentoring sessions in advance of the training program.
All Resilient Educator Certified Trainers will receive regular e-mail messages containing program updates, stories, and strategies for their program deliveries. A representative will be appointed to support their efforts. They will have access to updated documents, articles, files, grant funding info, new materials, stories etc. on the extranet trainer website.
- Laptop recommended
- Minimum system requirements: PC: Windows XP SP3 or newer; Mac: OS X v10.4 (Tiger) or later
- emWave® Desktop for Mac and PC
- Microsoft Power Point 2003 or newer
If you cancel with 30 days advance notice, your fee will be refunded less a $500 processing charge. If you request a refund less than 30 days before the event, refunds will be given only if your space is filled by another participant. In the event we cancel due to under enrollment, you will be notified at least five weeks prior to the event and given a full refund.
Manager, Qualified Instructor Programs
Telephone: (800) 711-6221
Telephone: (831) 338-8706
Telephone: (831) 439-9325
Fax: (831) 439-9325